Friday, August 22, 2014

White Steam Rice Cup Cake ( Buut Chai Go)


This was one of my favourites when I was little,  I still love it now!  I am glad that I now know how to make them. Reason, it is not easy to get them here in Australia!

Recipe from Christine's recipes

Ingredients
85g rice flour
55g wheat flour
110g castor sugar
2 cups water
Cooked sweetened red beans


Methods:
1.  Add rice flour and wheat flour into 1/2 cup of water, stir well.
2.  Dissolve sugar using the remaining 1/2 cup water on medium heat. Bring to boil.
3. Very quickly pour the boiled sugar into the flour mixture.
4.  Continue to stir while pouring. Stir until well combined.
4. Transfer mixture into small bowls and steam over high heat for about 20 minutes.
5. If you like,  half way of steaming, add read bean paste onto the surface of the rice cake and continue to stem until cooked through. ( Use a stick and go through into the cake and check, if it's comes out clean, it's ready to removed from the steam).

Note:  be sure to grease the little bowls before pouring batter in for steaming.
A  good gift for my neighbour during New Year..


No comments: